Thursday, August 20, 2009

You think you've seen it all...



(photo courtesy of Eyeteeth blog)
http://eyeteeth.blogspot.com/2009/06/boba-fett-accordionist.html

I am privileged to work in a very illuminating and exciting part of town which allows me access to the zainiest of characters on both my lunch breaks and after-work romps. Especially in the summer, New York becomes a haven for all sorts of loonies, weirdos and deviants. I like to call them friends.

Yesterday, on a particularly hot and sticky August day, walking slowly and lethargically from work I encountered this guy. This perfectly strange sight that only received a few passing glances. It was a man dressed in shorts and a tee wearing a Boba Fett helmet and playing the accordion. Boba Fett as in Star Wars (for those who are not in the know that Star Wars is one of the greatest movies of all time).

I was both giddy and alarmed to see this. Giddy because only in New York could this guy be part of the natural surroundings of your walk home. Alarmed because it was REALLY hot! It must have been 1,000 degrees in that helmet.

Anyway, since the sighting, I've talked to a few people and apparently others have noticed this guy - as can be seen by the blog from which I took this picture from. Also I guess he was interviewed for Time Out New York.

Rock on Boba.

No comments: